Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chocolate in Context Takes Manhattan

Many readers of this blog know me as a resident of Melbourne, Australia. John Scharffenberger even asked if I was Australian. But I'm a peripatetic chocolate lover (the past few months have taken me through Rotorua and El Paso) and a New Yorker to my core, so it is my great pleasure to announce that I have made my way back around the world to my old home in Manhattan's West Village. For the next several months, Chocolate in Context will be based in New York.

The city has hundreds of chocolate purveyors, and visiting them all would require an investment of just as many dollars in the Metropolitan Transit Authority. I'm going to start slowly, by joining the crowds at two upcoming chocolate events, both open to the public. The first is a tasting of fine-arts-inspired truffles at Christopher Norman Chocolates on Tuesday, April 24. The second is Clay Gordon's NY Metro Discover Chocolate Meetup at Jacques Torres Chocolate Haven on Saturday, May 19. If you're looking for me, I'll be the one with the boomerang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home