Annoucing Sugar High Friday #29: Raw Chocolate
This month, Chocolate in Context is hosting the blogging event Sugar High Friday, and I hope it will be an epic chocolate extravaganza. The theme: raw chocolate.
To participate, simply prepare and write about a recipe using an unrefined cacao product, such as cacao beans, cacao nibs, cocoa butter, or cocoa powder (preferably untreated). Those of you with access to the Theobroma cacao tree at its source are also invited to devise recipes using the fresh seeds and pulp of the legendary cacao pod.
For help sourcing the raw ingredients, try Chocolate Alchemy in the US or Tava in Australia. And for a bit of chocolate recipe inspiration, take a look at the entries in January's SHF, "Chocolate by Brand" (an event I would have participated in were it not for my incredible ability to miss deadlines), hosted by the venerable David Lebovitz.
The deadline for all entries is Monday, March 26. I'll post my roundup here on Chocolate in Context on Friday, March 30.
1. Please post your entry on or before March 26, 2006.
2. Please include links to Chocolate in Context and The Domestic Goddess, the site where Sugar High Friday originated.
3. Please email me at with the permalink for your post, also on or before March 26. In your note, please tell me your name, the name of your blog, and the name of the city where you live.
1. If you are so inclined, please include a 100x100-pixel image of your recipe in the email you send me.
2. If you do not have a blog but would like to participate anyway, please feel free to post your recipe in the "comments" section of this post.
3. Have fun!
Many thanks to Jennifer of The Domestic Goddess, creator and reigning deity of Sugar High Friday.