Saturday, January 21, 2006

Chocolate Tourism

Chocolate Indulgence Walk completed, I now belatedly and humbly heed my own instructions not to judge before experiencing something. A good time was had by all (all being me and Chris's niece Jessica).

The tour was conducted by a lovely woman named Tina, a school teacher who moonlights as a chocolate tourguide. There were some expectedly mundane moments, but the highlight was getting to meet Koko Black's head chocolatier, Arno Backes from Germany, and his Dutch assistant. They provided a friendly education on a few aspects of chocolate-making and on the shop itself--I learned that the founder is Tasmanian Shane Hills, who is also an owner of the Austalian "lolly" shop Suga.

Correction: I had the misconception that Koko Black was somehow Japanese. That description in yesterdays post, Chocolate in Melbourne, is incorrect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home